Friday, August 12, 2011

Makeup Day! Happy Friday

No, this doesn't mean I'm blogging about Makeup (sadly) this is my -pleaseforgivemeIdidn'thavetoblogyesterdaysoherearetwopolishes!- post

I decided I am trying to wear the polishes and see how long they last - well at least for a few days..

I've been wearing Color Club Yum Gum from the Wicked Sweet collection for three days now. Before I show a picture - I will describe a bit about this polish and application.

Firstly, I loved the colour of this polish in all the blogs I've seen it featured, it's a bright barbie pink - and the colour makes me look like I have a tan, so I don't really mind that either =] The application wasn't bad, the first coat was streaky, and patchy but seemed like it dried instantly. The second coat I put on a little thicker and It make a nice application - but wouldn't dry. I watched a 2 hour movie and then touched it and it still wasn't fully dried. I actually touched my blanket too my thumb by accident and it made a texture almost a perfect line across my nail - which was sort of cool.

These photo's are taken in artificial light - sorry again, can't find my charger.. I even cleaned the whole house... ugh.



Secondly, I have The Lime Starts Here also from the Wicked Sweet collection. I'm a little sad about this one.. Looking at everyone's blog swatches of this made it look so beautiful and vibrant .. but this is three coats (on my toes.. sorry they aren't beautiful..) and it's still see through and not all that *in your face* that I was hoping for. I think I'm going to try this colour again with a white base coat.. because I think it has a lot of potential.

I also heard this was suppose to smell like lime - but too me it was more of a watermelon. Yes - I smelled my toes.. don't fear though, i did shower and scrub them before hand =]

The smell of these were pretty good, The yum gum was VERY strong, and I almost took it off. Instead though I washed my hands a lot and scrubbed them. I also put two top coats on. The next day the yum gum became a tolerable bubblegum smell that was appealing. I even got half the people to smell my nail (finger not toes) and said it was pleasant.

 

Well hope you have a great weekend, I will try looking again for the charger but if not, please bear with me with the crappy phone photo's and I hope to soon get real photo's!

I am also going to be away from Wednesday to Sunday (I'm going camping!) so I wont be making blogs those days! See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment